Wednesday, 29 February 2012
PUP NIGHT HIGHLIGHTS
Pup Night! I realize I haven't written too much about my experiences at the last few I've attended. Before the next one comes, I wanted to share some thoughts here. There's lots to say, but for now...
Things I've learned at Pup Night:
1. What a "getting a burger" means.
2. Being a pup amongst pups is a lot of fun, but crawling among and between the legs of handlers and onlookers affords one a chance to interact with all kinds of friendly folks, and opens up the opportunity for lots of attention, scritches and pats & pets.
3. It's fun to make paw prints on a window that's covered in condensation.
4. Some pups wanna wrestle for dominance, but some are content to just chill.
5. I so appreciate my handler, and the helping hands that assist me in getting in and out of mitts and hood, before I "...go and play!"
6. Although it may prevent you from receiving an unexpected burger, wearing a wrestling singlet is a lot of fun when grappling with other pups on the mat.
7. Pups are fun to observe eye to eye and sniff from nose ...to wherever :)
Also, some advice:
1, On the mat, watch out for injuries! I've only had a few minor ones, I'll share some evidence later :)
2. If you're drinking from a water bottle held between two paws, careful not to squeeze it, or else get a faceful of water.
3. If two pups beside you get really rowdy, duck for cover!
4, If you're saving up for those deluxe locking mitts or are looking for a great alternative, a triple layer of black tube socks does a decent job of creating paws for you :P
And lastly, on the mat or off, Hawk's 3 rules of being a good pup are:
1. Be yourself.
2. Be honest and true.
3. Pounce! (Play and have fun!)
Thanks for checking in. I appreciate it!